Wednesday, March 19, 2014

God is Faithful

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to brag a little big about Jesus :)


Now, if you don't already know this, I'm graduating from college a semester late. Stinks, right? Well, when I figured out I was going to have to be here a little longer... I was upset about it... and it was something that for a good bit was pretty hard for me to accept. However, there was only one reason for that...


I wasn't worried about the money it's going to cost (although my parents would say differently :P )... because while yes, loans are miserable and they stink and take forever to pay back, they're not the end of the world. They'll be paid off eventually with diligence and responsibility.


I wasn't worried about staying in Pennsylvania longer... I love it down here.


I wasn't worried about being a "super senior" and being a college student longer than the normal 4 years. Honestly, I'd rather graduate late than never graduate at all. 


My main fear was the fact that most of my friends were going to be graduating in May without me. 


I do have some friends in the classes below me... but the people that I've been closest to are in my class and therefore graduating in May.


If you know me at all, then you know that I love people. I love being around people. I love talking to people. I love hearing about peoples lives. I love friends. I really do. 


I wasn't on campus last semester, as I took a semester at home and did online classes, so my main prayer coming back onto campus this semester was this: God, please put good, strong, female friend in my life who 1) Will build me up in my faith and my life and 2) Will still be here next semester. (NOTE: I only said A as in one... I was asking God for one good friend.)


Well let me tell you... God has answered that prayer so much more than I ever thought was possible. Not only has God put one awesome woman in my life like I was asking for... he's given me three of them. I knew that I was getting close to them... and it's been wonderful getting to know them better and hearing their hearts. Guess what the best part is? They are ALL still going to be here next semester. 


God has answered my main prayer x3... how amazing is that?! He is SO faithful and He's been proving this to me every day in my life... through this circumstance and through others. I've been so full of the joy of the Lord the last few days... it's been so uplifting. 


So... Ashley Dease, Katie Essig, and Stacey Hilliard... thank you three so much... for literally being answers to prayer in my life. I love you three so very much and I'm SO incredibly grateful that God has allowed our paths to cross here at VFCC. <3


To everyone else, remember... God DOES answer prayers... and He hears us. Even if it seems like the smallest most unimportant thing in the world... He hears you. 


Be encouraged, God is good! 






"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways ,then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and I will heal their land." 


~2 Chronicles 7:14~

No comments:

Post a Comment