Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ahh, Refreshment

Have you ever been outside on a hot summer day and were craving something cold to drink? Maybe a tall glass of ice water or some nice sweet tea? How refreshing was it when you finally were able to have that drink? Hold on to that feeling, that's what this weekend has been for me. 

Last week was sort of like my hot summer day... it was a really long, stressful week. I had a couple big assignments due for classes and I had slipped on ice earlier in the week so I've been sore from that. Then on Friday, things started looking up. The day didn't start off necessarily well, but in the afternoon we had some thunderstorms! You may think, how is that looking up? Well, it's simple... I love thunderstorms! The thunderstorms were a sign of a warm front rolling in... and roll in it did. 


It was as if this weekend was singing a Blake Shelton song to me... "I'll be your sweet iced tea..." 

(please see link at bottom of post if you don't know what song that is.) The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Now, here's a little something about me... I LOVE warm weather. Spring and Fall are the best. If it could just be like 65-70 degrees all the time... life would be beautiful. It was sunny and in the 50's all weekend...and will be again today! The snow is melting. I got to spend some wonderful quality 1-on-1 time with a few key friends in my life. I was able to have Chick-Fil-A for lunch yesterday. I went to the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia for a hockey game last night with my roommate and had a total sports geek moment when we were leaving because the Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field, and Citizen's Bank Park are all in the same complex. Yesterday and Friday were just so wonderfully perfect. Today, I'm planning to be outside for a little while and enjoy the warm weather, maybe clean my car, and work on some homework. 

The weather is going to get cold again tomorrow, and there's snow in the 10 day forecast 4 times for next week.... but I think God knew how badly I, and I'm sure others too, needed this weekend. 


So if you're reading this... take advantage of today... go out and go for a walk... take some pictures... enjoy the day and give somebody a hug :) 


Isaiah 43:19- "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."



Blake Shelton- Honey Bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZjosn2u1gA


No comments:

Post a Comment