Friday, January 9, 2015

What's in My Cosmetics Bag

Good Evening! 

Last week I bought the book "365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing to Write About" by Dana Fox. I heard about from a blogging help website and ordered it right away and it has been the most helpful thing! This is the first post I'm deciding to use from it! 

I'm super excited to introduce you to my cosmetics bag! It's taken me YEARS to find a consistent make up routine and products that I like and don't hurt my skin but I truly feel like I've hit the jackpot with the products I have now! 

First off... Let me show you the darling cosmetics bag that I keep my stuff in! I got it from my mom's store (DSW) and it is perfect! I couldn't find a picture online... so I had to take one. Then I figured out that my camera was dead... so I had to take it with my phone. My apologies for the poor quality.



Now onto my products! I seriously LOVE all of these!!!



1 • Cover Girl Clean Foundation: Sensitive Skin - Foundation has been the most difficult thing for me to find. I have very sensitive skin and am prone to break outs. So I needed to find a foundation that wasn't going to irritate my skin, but also wouldn't break the bank. This is the PERFECT solution. My skin has been so much healthier since I started using it and it doesn't clog my pores, make me break out, or feel heavy on my skin! It's really a wonderful discovery. 

2 • Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder: Sensitive Skin - Like foundation... I really needed a powder that wasn't going to be harsh on my skin but still give me the matte look that I was searching for. This is an amazing product and it pairs perfectly with the Clean Foundation. 

3 • Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter - I have tried about a hundred other concealers and this one tops them all. It's pretty tricky to find... the only place I've ever found it sold is CVS... but it's absolutely worth it. It gives all day coverage and highlights perfectly under my eyes which are prone to dark circles. Seriously one of my favorite products I've ever found. 

4 • E.L.F. Blush - I love nearly everything about E.L.F... there are very few products that I've tried of theirs that I haven't at least liked. Their blush is a classic pink and it's just the perfect addition to my face. :) 

5 • E.L.F. Studio Cream Eyeliner - Another E.L.F. product! This one is pretty common and I've seen it sold anywhere that they sell E.L.F. Even at Old Navy! It's my favorite eye liner ever and I've tried quite a few. I love the cream eyeliners because it's right in between pencil and liquid liners... neither of which I like... It's pretty smudge proof and easy to apply. It comes with a little brush. The only drawback is that the little brush can get gunky pretty quick, so you need to stay on top of cleaning it and wiping if off after you use it. Other than that... I absolutely love this product! 

6 • Maybelline Volum Express "The Rocket" Waterproof Mascara - I grew up using all Maybelline products. It's what I used for everything since I started wearing make up. Now I only use it for my eyes... but some things never change. I've never found another brand of mascara that I like as much as Maybelline. On top of that... I have tried almost every kind of mascara that they've put out and The Rocket is BY FAR my favorite. It makes my lashes voluminous and defined. Perfect! 

7 • Maybelline "The Nudes" Eye Shadow Palette - A solid eye shadow palette for any look you are trying to achieve! I love nude colors and they are really the only colors that look good on my eyes. This is the perfect palette as far as I'm concerned. I haven't used another eye shadow since I bought this, at target, by the way.

8 • Eye Brow Shaver - Honestly, I'm not sure which brand of this I have. It's just a little electric razor that shapes and trims your eye brows or anywhere else you may have unwanted hair I guess... but I use it for my eyebrows. It's super handy and does a great job without the pain or plucking or waxing

9 • Tweezers - Always good to have these too just in case the eyebrow trimmer doesn't reach a hair. 

10 • Nail Clippers - Just good to have these handy in case you break a nail and need to trim them. Also come in handy to clip tags off new clothes. Ha. :)

That's all my products that I keep in my cosmetics bag!!! I hope you've enjoyed this post as it's the first one I've done like this. Let me know!

What kind of products do you use? Do you use any of these same items?


7 comments:

  1. Love that mascara! It's my go-to, and I've used them all. I love Bobbi Brown cosmetics, too. And MAC lipsticks are my favorite! I've been wanting to do a post like this. ;) Thanks for the reminder and I'll definitely look into that book, too. Happy weekend, Peony sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wanted to try Bobbi Brown for a while!! Definitely look into getting the book! It is SO helpful for when you can't think of anything to write about! I love it! Happy Weekend! God Bless! :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a blog post Kaycie! I love e.l.f. cosmetics because they're priced so well and work great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. e.l.f. is the best! :) happy new year Natalie! praying for you to have a great semester! :)

      Delete
  3. Really great post! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete