Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Goals and Theme

I've been thinking a lot about what is ahead for 2015. I am honestly really excited for this year! I don't know exactly what it is, but I just have a really great feeling about this year. I've decided on five major goals for myself this year:

Goal 1: Grow in Faith

This year, as with every other year, I desire to grow more in my faith and walk with Jesus Christ. I wouldn't be alive without Him, and I know that He is my strength. I want to learn to trust Him more and keep faith even in the tough times. I am expecting great things for this year, but there will ultimately be some trials... as there always are. I want to learn how to better keep my faith during those times. Now, this is sort of scary because in order for me to grow in faith... there must be tests of my faith. I am looking forward to growing in this area this year... even though it will be difficult. Keep me in your prayers! 

Goal 2: Grow in Love

I want to grow in love this year. I want to grow more in love with God... as well as growing in my faith. On top of that... I want to grow more in love with my family. They are the people that God has placed in my life for the last twenty-two years and for the next however many He allows and they are the people who will be consistent. I love my parents and my sister very much already... but I want to learn how to better show that through my actions and attitude. 

I also want to grow more in love in my relationship with Asa. We are young and have a lot of time left in our lives (Lord willing)... but we are in love and learning how to be in a long distance relationship. Like my family... I want to learn how to better show him through my actions and attitude that I love him. Long distance is hard... but if I were to ever have faith that a long distance relationship could make it... it would be ours. He is so special to me and I can see in his eyes when he looks at me and when I overhear him talk about me that I am special to him as well. We can do this. Plus, it's only a temporary distance. 

Lastly, I want to grow in love with people in general. I want to see people through the eyes of Christ. I want to understand and realize that nobody is perfect and everyone has their flaws and quirks and that just makes each person more uniquely and wonderfully created. I want to love the people around me more this year. 

Goal 3: Grow in Patience

This is something that I'm not very good at. I'm not exactly a patient person and it's something that I have really recognized about myself lately. I am praying this year that I am able to grow in patience in every area of my life... from traffic on the highway to the people I'm closest to. Like my faith, I know in order for me to grow in patience, it means that my patience has to be tested. I am praying and believing that when tests of my patience come... I am able to react calmly and react in a Godly manner and if I'm being really honest... I'm not off to a great start this year. Pray with me for this?

Goal 4: Grow in Authenticity

This year one of my goals is to be authentic. I want to truly be me. Fearlessly, unapologetically, authentic. My twenty-two years have been a long roller coaster of figuring out who I am. While I don't know that anyone ever fully knows who they are as I think we discover new things about ourselves all the time... I believe that we can act on the things that we do know about ourselves.  I want to live more authentically this year and just be me... the person that God has created me to be.

Goal 5: Grow in Health

Typical I know... everyone makes the resolution at the beginning of the year to lose weight. Well, I guess that's me. However... I don't want to just lose weight. I want to create a healthy lifestyle. Being healthy is so much more than losing weight. I want to develop healthy eating habits and exercise habits. I also am going to get on a sleep schedule which very well may be the hardest thing for me, as I have a really hard time waking up to my alarm lately. I'm not concerned with how I look weight wise. I know that I am created beautiful by God and I have a man who loves me the way I am... but I desire to be healthier and better take care of my body. 

Theme

This is the first year that I'm deciding on a theme for myself. My theme for this year is:

Unstoppable

{"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith." - Hebrews 12:1-2}

This year I am going to run this race of life with my eyes fixed on Jesus. I am going to be unstoppable  in my race and not let the things that the devil throws at me or the things that try to hinder me stop me. I will persevere and keep my eyes on Jesus. I am so excited for everything that God has for me this year! 


What about you? What are some of your goals and themes this year?


2 comments:

  1. Ah yes- growing more like my Lord Jesus Christ is my number one goal this year! I'm making it more attainable by getting up an hour earlier to have quiet time with Him. There's nothing like Jesus and cereal to start your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus and cereal sounds like a great start to the day! God bless you this year! :)

      Delete