Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Life is Not My Own

Lately, I've been reflecting on this phrase, "my life is not my own." It's part of a popular worship song that's been stuck in my head for a couple weeks now, and this morning it was played in chapel at my school. Here's what this phrase has meant to me. 

My life, everything in it and all of it, is not my own. It's Jesus'. I mean, after all, He's the one who gave it to me in the first place. So why am I so selfish with it? Why do I think that I know how to run it? All my dreams, all my plans, anything I want to do with my life, really isn't my decision at all. I have to submit to His plans for me, because at the end of the day... He knows better than I do, He knows what is best for me. With my every day life, He already knows what's going to happen. Plus, if it wasn't for what Jesus did on the cross when He died for my sins, I wouldn't even have this life at all. 


So, my life is not my own. I am open to His will for me, wherever that may lead me. My life is in His hands, not mine. Every day I surrender my life into His arms... and do what He leads me to do. 


I encourage you, surrender your whole life, every aspect of it to Jesus, because He knows so much better what you need than you do.




No comments:

Post a Comment